Welcome to Attorney Steve® Metaverse Legal Resource Center - Cryptocurrency, Blockchain, Web 3.0, NFT, Digital Assets [Entertainment and IP Law Firm]
Since 2004, we have been helping business owners, creative artists, fashion designers, photographers and others protect and enforce their intellectual property. Enter now "THE METAVERSE." This is an exciting new technology that is part of Web 3.0 as it is called which will focus on the following:
- Increased use and adoption of crpyto currency to pay for things and to buy and sell the currency (such as Bitcoin, Dogecoin, Eth coin, and others)
- Increased use and adopt of NFT (non-fungible tokens) - things such as digital art and photography that is sold for profit
- Growth of recordation of transactions on blockchain technology, which is a digital ledger that records the history of transactions
- Growth of immersive technology on the metaverse and the use of virtual technology and augmented reality
- Growth of companies expanding their digital branding presence including the potential to buy digital real estate assets on sites such as Superworld, Decentraland, the Sandbox and others
- The use of "billboards" in the metaverse and the potential buying, selling and leasing of digital real estate
- The growth of sale of digital assets such as characters and avatars
At the same time, in July of 2023 we will see the opening of the new "Copyright Claims Board" in Washington D.C. located at the copyright office, and small claims for copyright infringement being brought for UP TO $30,000 for aggregate infringements.
This promises to be an exciting time for digital architects, photographs, film and video producers, fine art producers, and others and will raise familiar, yet likely novel issues of technology law that we are prepared and equipped to confront.
What is Superworld?
For the first time in human history you can now purchase "digital real estate" in the Metaverse. Three of the top places you can do this are Superworld, Decentraland, and The Sandbox. This may raise novel legal issues such as "digital trespass," "digital easements" (ex. view easements), smart contracts, buying and selling digital billboard space, and even "digital evictions." For an introductory look at this new technology watch this video.
VIDEO: Make sure to HIT THE LIKE BUTTON and SUBSCRIBE to our exceptional legal channel. We are approaching 4 million video views and over 33,000 subscribers. We are also approaching a whopping 700 videos. Hit the BELL SYMBOL to get updates!!
Who can we help?
We can help creatives in NFT and copyright related legal issues, including startup legal advice. Contact us if you need legal counsel:
- Digital designers
- Digital architects
- Graphic designers
- Film and video producers
- Musicians and bands
- Drone videographers
- Game developers
- Software designers and developers
- Metaverse real estate developers
- Avatar creators
- NFT creators and designers
- Online education providers
- Software coders
- Character developers
- Metaverse entrepreneur and startups
- Background music infringement and fair use cases
- Digital art designers
- Billboard brokers in the metaverse
- Digital evictions (landlord / tenant law in the metaverse)
We can help protect and enforce your IP in the realm of the metaverse.
What Rights do you get when you Purchase an NFT (hint, you do not become the copyright owner)
VIDEO: Make sure to SUBSCRIBE to join nearly 35,000 other subscribers who love our legal videos. Hit the BELL BUTTON to get updates when I post new videos. This is general legal information only and not legal advice.
The following are typical legal services we are able to provide
- Corporate formation
- Non-disclosure agreements
- Copyright and fair use review and opinion letters
- Trademark and domain issues
- Cease and desist letters
- Digital real estate disputes
- Decentraland arbitration and opt-out
- Digital land agreements
- IP infringement representation and defense
- Mediation of disputes
- DMCA notifications, counter-notifications, and 512(f) bad faith takedowns
- Copyright small claims cases
- Counterfeit art
- Cryptocurrency disputes
- Character licensing
- Influencer and Celebrity endorsement agreements
- Billboard disputes
- Peer-to-peer (p2p) legal issues
- BitTorrent related issues
- DMCA section 1201 anti-circumvention claims
- Entertainment law contracts
If your issue is DIGITAL in nature and or has legal issues involving the internet and social media law, entertainment law, or involves intellectual property call us at the number below. We have been helping clients succeed since 2004.
Contact a Metaverse and NFT Copyright Attorney
If you are launching a new product, dealing with a copyright infringement demand letter or lawsuit, or a trademark legal issue, we can help both Rights Holders and those being accused of infringement or unlawful business practices and can help NFT and Metaverse Startups in this new and quickly developing space.
We can be reached at (877) 276-5084 or fill out our contact form and we will contact you.