Steve Vondran, Esq. (“Attorney Steve®”) - Business, Real Estate, and Intellectual Property Law!
Attorney Steve® Vondran, Esq. is the founder of the firm and has been litigating business and intellectual property cases since he started his firm in 2004. We have appeared in over 500 federal court copyright litigation cases. We have litigated cases against Fortune 500 companies in both state and federal courts. In addition, we have significant experience advising both small and large companies nationwide in general copyright law matters, including software audits (Autodesk, Microsoft, Vero, Siemens, Altium, Synopsis, Ansys, Solidworks and others), contract negotiations, and other business and IP transactions.
Click here to learn more about our technology, internet, and IP practice.
Click here if you were looking for our popular “Litigation Whiteboard” videos. No other lawyer puts as much practice into his work, and we are now over 41,000 SUBSCRIBERS to our YouTube channel and closing in on 5 MILLION video views! Join Us!!
Education & Early Career
Steve Vondran attended Whittier Law School focusing on business and intellectual property studies. He earned his undergraduate B.S. degree from Cal State Fullerton. He is a member of the Fresno State Baseball Hall of Fame and played three years in the Cincinnati Reds organization. After playing, he coached for three years culminating in a coaching position at Pomona College (part of the prestigious Claremont Colleges). Later, he worked for several technology companies including Experian (as an information Privacy expert working with Gramm Leach Bliley privacy issues), Epoch Internet (in the contracts division), and Timeledger.com, (working in a project manager capacity and spearheading social media and internet marketing issues). He has also created his own software packages including an early start-up venture identitysoft.com, a web-based product designed to help victims of identity theft.
Check out our reviews for yourself - OVER 115!!
Click on the above picture to check out Steve Vondran's AVVO reviews. We now have 115 client reviews – NEARLY ALL FIVE STAR!!!
Memberships and Associations
We have memberships in the following intellectual property-related associations:
Attorney Steve Vondran was formerly elected as an executive council member for the Intellectual Property Section of the Arizona State Bar. He is also a member of the ABA section on intellectual property and a member of the San Francisco Intellectual Property Law Association as well as the Arizona state bar section on e-commerce and Internet law, the AZ bar section on intellectual property law, and the Arizona Technology Council. He is also a member of the American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA), The Copyright Society of the U.S.A, and the San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association.
Steve Vondran has also completed a copyright licensing course through BYU University – BYU Copyright Certificate.
“BigLaw” firms we have been up against, counsel in the case, or advised on-demand letters
Here is a list of some of the big law firms (and consulting firms) in the United States that we have gone “toe to toe” with handling a variety of business, real estate, and intellectual property matters and/or consulted in regard to demand letters (normally copyright infringement related, trademarks or trade secrets). If you received a letter from any of these companies, call us for a consultation.
- Jaburk Wilk
- Allen Matkins
- Gordon & Rees
- Johnson & Pham
- Sullivan & Worcester
- The Venable
- Bryan Cave
- Troutman Sanders
- Robins Kaplan
- Fox Rothschild
- Kegler Brown Hill + Ritter
- Arent Fox
- Kilpatrick Townsend
- Reed Smith
- Perkins Coie
- Fenwick & West, LLP
- Geragos & Geragos
- Loeb & Loeb
- Greenberg Traurig
- Osborne Maledon
- Duane Morris, LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Lee and Hayes
- Fried, Framme and Thrush
- Greenspoon Marder
- Harness Dickey
- Jenner & Block
- Kutak Rock
- Munger, Tolles and Olson. LLP
- K&L Gates
This is not a complete list, and we have taken on many other big, medium, and small solo law firms. To take a deeper look at my story, click here.
Copyright Policy Institute (“CPi”)
Mr. Vondran is the CEO and Founder of Copyright Policy Institute a non-profit Washington, D.C.-based think tank that serves as a copyright watchdog and advocate for cutting-edge technology issues including DMCA law, P2P file sharing (torrents), VPN, internet privacy, spyware, software policy, copyright infringement, and other issues that affect corporations and citizens of the United States.
Large companies we have litigated against or otherwise dealt with
Here is a sample of some companies we have litigated for or against:
- Adobe Software
- Apple (selling counterfeits online)
- Strike 3 Holdings, LLC
- LHF Productions Inc. (London Has Fallen)
- Malibu Media
- Joe Hand Promotion (Boxing Piracy defense)
- Universal Content Productions
- Paramount Pictures
- Vero Software (Surfcam, Edgecam)
- Microsoft (internal and BSA audits)
- Disney Enterprises
- Universal Television
- One of the world's largest sports retailers (CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENT)
- Siemens software
- Wells Fargo
- The University of Southern California (U.S.C.)
- Universal City Studio Productions
- Sling TV
- Motion Picture Association of America ("MPAA")
- ACE Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (Motion Picture Association)
- Ansys software
- Amazon Content Services
- J&J Sports
- Autodesk (letters from Donahue Fitzgerald)
- Warner Brothers Entertainment, Inc.
- G&G Closed Circuit Events
- Synopsis software
- Joe Hand Promotions
- One of the world's largest satellite TV companies (CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENT)
- CNC Mastercam
- Bank of America
- Columbia Pictures
Attorney Steve is married to his amazing wife Lisa (see below). He loves technology, and enjoys playing the guitar, working out, playing golf, and traveling. He has appeared on Fox News three times. He is a former professional baseball player in the Reds organization.
Lisa Vondran – Chief Office Manager & All-around Superstar!!!
When you call our firm, there is a good chance you will speak with Lisa Vondran. Yes, you guessed it, she is the wife of Steve Vondran. Lisa has a real passion for helping people and taking down basic legal information for the Attorneys. She is the “master of all trades” and one of the most passionate and energetic people you will ever meet. Lisa helps manage and run the day-to-day business of the firm, and she coordinates the legal calendar for the law firm Attorneys. She is a graduate of Arizona State University and holds a real estate license. She loves to cook, travel, work and spend time with family and friends. She has worked for major companies such as Nestle, Rockwell (CRM Software), Coldwell Bankers and ePartners (Accounting Software). She met Attorney Steve while working at a software company in Newport Beach, California (timeledger.com) as set forth above. Timeledger was one of the first ASP software companies selling software as a service (SaaS).
Lisa Vondran is a legal assistant at Vondran Legal. Frontline Lisee is a University of Arizona law graduate who focuses on copyright law support. Lisa has been with the firm since its inception in 2004, and she has been an integral part of the team. She handles many of the administrative duties, including managing client communications, scheduling appointments, and preparing legal documents. In addition, she assists Attorney Steve with research and case preparation. With her knowledge of the law and her dedication to her work, Lisa is a valuable asset to the Vondran Legal team. She is the winner of the prestigious MVW award (Most Valuable Wife) award.
Vondran Legal 2021 Champion Sleuth Award Winner - Lisa Vondran
Steve Vondran Highlights
We also hire research law clerks from some of the most prestigious law schools in California
We have recently hired copyright and trademark (IP) research clerks from USC School of Law, and Loyola School of law and are also working with a graduate from Texas A&M and a student from the University of Arizona in Tucson.
We are always looking for law students (2L and 3L) who are the tops in their class, have exceptional writing and analytical skills, have a demonstrated passion for intellectual property, sports, technology, and entertainment law, and who is detailed and thorough in their work with a passion to help clients with legal needs.
CURRENT JOB OPENING: We are looking for a masterful Digital IP Paralegal.
Hiring Vondran Legal® as your general corporate counsel or civil litigation law firm
When you work with our law firm, you will find we possess several unique qualities:
1. We believe in our business clients and seek to become intimate with the business needs of each client and bring no-nonsense legal advice to each client. We understand the need to bring value to the table, and help get deals done (instead of being a “deal killer” as many lawyers wind up being). In regard to litigation cases, whether you find you or your company on the Plaintiff or Defendant side of the fence, we litigate with passion and experience, and we will do everything we possibly can to win your case.
2. We are easy to work with and communicate with. We don't try to talk “over your head” and we are able to quickly break down your legal problems and issues and present you with a plain-English answer as to the best strategy to resolve your problem or present you with your options so you can decide what course to take.
3. We do not like to waste time with idle chat on your dime. You are busy and we are busy so let's get down to business and identify the problem, clarify the legal issues, and create a plan of attack. Then, we will execute on the agreed-upon plan.
4. We are disciplined in our representation and persistence. Our approach is similar to that of any great professional sports team. We believe in setting high goals and doing whatever it takes to achieve those goals.
5. We are fair and honest. As we like to say, when we give legal advice we “give it to you straight” and give you the same advice we would give to our moms, dads, brothers, sisters, and friends. There is no pulling punches and no candy-coating at our firm. We are here to solve problems and to guide you in your business venture or to direct you through complex litigation.
We are licensed to practice law in California and Arizona and are experienced in a wide variety of copyright and intellectual property cases including software audits and licensing, BitTorrent file-sharing litigation, photo infringement and other general copyright infringement matters including DMCA "bad faith" cases.
We are admitted to practice law before federal courts in the following states:
- Phoenix (Sandra Day O'Connor federal court). We may be able to serve as appearance attorney or local counsel for out-of-state IP lawyers who need local counsel in Arizona.
- Eastern District
- Northern District (SF bay area - home to many technology companies).
- Central District (Orange County / Los Angeles area - home of the entertainment capital of the world)
- Southern District (San Diego / La Jolla)
- Southern District
- Eastern District
Vondran Legal® has an amazing friend base. They asked HOW DO YOU DO IT?
While Steve Vondran, Esq. has authorized over a 1,000 blogs and nearly a 1,000 video since our founding in 2004, here are some other publications.
1. The Licensing Journal - don't forget IP protection for your products and packaging (September 2023). Click below to view.
2. InventRight - Understanding the importance of Trade Dress protection for your products and product packaging (October 2023)
3. Mediate.com - Attorney Steve Vondran Tips for Mediation Success
4. LexBlog - Copyright Small Claims Boardm Here we go! (June 2022)
5. InventRight - IP protection options for your products and packaging (July 2023)
6. JDSupra - Copyright fair use examples by Attorney Steve
7. Martindale Hubbell - 6 inside tips you must know about Strike 3 Holdings file-sharing lawsuits (Dec. 2022)
Still Have Questions? Need Answers? Call Us!
For more questions, you can call us at (877) 276-5084 or email us through our online form submission.
We look forward to working with you.
– Attorney Steve® –