Vondran Music Law – Affordable Music & Entertainment Attorney
If you need a music lawyer to help you with any of the following, contact us to discuss our law flat rate legal fees (for non-litigation transactional services) or to discuss our litigation services. We can help with the following types of cases and legal issues:
- Creation of LLC or corporation
- Band agreements (ex. song splits, voting rights)
- Draft and review recording agreements, publishing agreements, soundtrack agreements
- Contracts to use songs in video game, films, youtube videos, documentaries, movies, software programs, websites, mobile applications etc.
- Producer and production contracts
- Registration of film, video, music, lyrics, ringtones, songs, recordings, and other copyrights
- Merchandising and licensing agreements
- Registration of trademarks (ex. band name, logos, slogans)
- Management and booking agent contracts (contracts with artists)
- Concert tours (venue agreements)
- Parody songs and first amendment
- Concert sponsorship agreements
- Artist endorsement agreements
- Record label contracts
- Employment agreements
- Video director and production company agreements
- Documents to form a publishing company or record label
- Trademark infringement (someone using your band, or stage name, or cybersquatting on your domain name)
- Legal issues dealing with ASCAP, BMI, SESAC, or SoundExchange
- Copyright infringement – someone using your song, lyrics, without your permission.
- Seeking written authorization to publicly perform cover songs or other copyrighted content
- Band exit agreements (band member fired or quits)
- Right of Publicity legal issues
- Artist and musician representation (record label interested in signing you and/or your band)
- Contracts for music teachers and students seeking lessons
- Infringement (theft) or pirating of copyrighted characters
- Royalty disputes (ex. failure to be paid online royalties)
- Co-writer song rights (ex. rights to exploit)
- Public performance agreements (ex. release to sing song at a wedding, party, dance, festival, or other event)
- DMCA take down notices
- Cease and desist letters
- “BlastMyTunes” music discovery service for new artists
- Social media disputes (facebook, twitter, youtube, vimeo)
Contact us to discuss other items that may not be on this list. We have experience in a wide range of business, intellectual property and entertainment law issues.
How to LEGALLY use royalty free music in Videos and Podcasts
VIDEO: Watch Attorney Steve® explain the ins and outs of finding FREE music on Youtube Audio Library which offers royalty-free music through the Youtube creator studio. Pretty nice perk for Youtube video creators.
Contact a Music Lawyer
We have offices in Santa Monica (serving greater Los Angeles area), Newport Beach (serving Orange County), San Francisco (serving Silicon Valley and the Bay area), and San Diego. We also have two offices in Phoenix, Arizona serving the entire state from Flagstaff to Maricopa County.
Call us to discuss your project at (877) 276-5084 or email us through our contact form We offer low flat rate fees for most non-litigation cases and have over 15 years of legal experience.
Check out our client reviews on Avvo.