We are a leader in copyright law in the United States. From software audits and licensing disputes, to DMCA law, copyright licensing / clearance, Fair Use defense and opinion letters, and online peer to peer (p2p file sharing) law. Our blogs are general legal information only and not legal advice.
Welcome to the SHORT BIO page for Attorney Steve®
Click here to go to a more COMPLETE BIO.
Based on availability and some areas require paid consultation.
I have done a lot of things in my 15 years of law practice and in my life in general. This page will describe some of my highlights:
- Graduated Whittier Law School (Top grade in Contracts and Entertainment Law). Yes, I love entertainment and copyright law.
- Played in the College World Series / inducted into Fresno State Baseball Hall of Fame / Drafted by the Cincinnati Reds in the 13th round. If you have kids that play sports, read this page about my ups and downs while pursuing my dream.
- Passed California Bar examination on the first attempt (without taking bar prep class – learn more from this video)
- Later passed the Arizona bar exam and admitted to the bar in 2008.
- Previously licensed as a real estate broker (in California and Arizona).
- Appeared on Fox News as legal analyst (3 times). Wow, who would have known I was in high demand? They even sent a limo to pick me up.
- Appeared in many federal court cases (arguing in front of many judges appointed by Presidents of the United States). I LOVE federal court and have appeared in over 120 cases!!!
- Become a leader in the area of copyright infringement law (, photo infringement, software audits, font infringement, Strike 3 and Malibu Media defense)
- Grew my Youtube channel to up to over 1.7 MILLION views and currently over 14,000 subscribers.
- Have a strong list of client reviews on Avvo.
You can also see some of our accomplishments here.
Sample Software audit settlements can be found here.
“BigLaw” firms we have been up against, counsel in the case, or advised on demand letters
Here is a list of some of the big law firms (and consulting firms) in the United States that we have gone “toe to toe” within handling a variety of business, real estate, and intellectual property matters and/or consulted in regard to demand letters (normally copyright infringement related). If you received a letter from any of these companies call us for a consultation:
- Jaburk Wilk
- Allen Matkins
- Gordon & Rees
- Johnson & Pham
- Sullivan & Worcester
- The Venable
- Bryan Cave
- Troutman Sanders
- Robins Kaplan
- Fox Rothschild
- Kegler Brown Hill + Ritter
- Arent Fox
- Kilpatrick Townsend
- Reed Smith
- Perkins Coie
- Fenwick & West, LLP
- Geragos & Geragos
- Loeb & Loeb
- Greenberg Traurig
- Osborne Maledon
- Duane Morris, LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Lee and Hayes
- Fried, Framme and Thrush
- Greenspoon Marder
- Sideman (San Francisco)
This is not a complete list and we have taken on many others big, medium, and small solo law firms. To take a deeper look at my story, click here.
Need a Guest Lawyer for your Blog, Podcast, Radio or YouTube Video Channel?
You can reach us by phone at (877) 276-5084 or email us at the top right side of this page. Sorry, due to volume, we cannot get back to everyone but we will always do our best.