Meet Attorney Steve® Founder
We are a leader in copyright law in the United States. Unicourt.com has identified Vondran Legal® as the #1 Copyright Infringement Defense Law Firm in the United States for 2020. We expect to repeat this in 2021. LexMachina also has us as the #19 Copyright litigation law firm in the United States as far as the number of cases handled since 2017. We are fair but tough copyright defenders and help select rights holders protect their rights in film, movie, video, photo, software, architecture, and other rights.
From software audits and licensing disputes to DMCA law (1202 circumvention disputes), copyright licensing clearance, fair use defense/opinion letters, and online peer-to-peer (p2p file sharing) law involving Strike 3 lawsuits. We have nearly two decades of legal experience.
State Bar Licensing
Our law firm is licensed to practice law in California and Arizona. We handle software audits and EULA licensing disputes in all states as these cases are typically brought as copyright infringement matters, with copyright demands being made and threats to hold officers and directors personally liable (despite the protection of the "corporate veil").
If your company has received a legal demand letter, notice of copyright infringement, notice of ISP subpeona, cease and desist letter or even a call from an aggressive software lawyer seeking a settlement for "piracy" of their software call us for a free initial consultation.
We have literally helped hundreds of companies get through compliance audits and licensing disputes since our inception in 2004. Call us at (877) 276-5084.
We offer 30 minute and one hour consultations through our TikTok page ([email protected]).
Our Helpful Legal YouTube Channel
If you have not heard about my YouTube channel by now, here are two good reasons to log on and subscribe.
I have done a lot of things in my 17 years of law practice and in my life in general. This page will describe some of my highlights:
- Graduated from Whittier Law School (Top grade in Contracts and Entertainment Law). Yes, I love entertainment and copyright law.
- Played in the College World Series / was inducted into Fresno State Baseball Hall of Fame / Drafted by the Cincinnati Reds in the 13th round. If you have kids that play sports, read Attorney Steve Baseball story that discusses the ups and downs of my baseball journey.
- Passed California Bar examination on the first attempt (without taking bar prep class – learn more from this video)
- Later passed the Arizona bar exam and was admitted to the bar in 2008.
- Previously licensed as a real estate broker (in both California and Arizona).
- Appeared on Fox News as a legal analyst (3 times). Wow, who would have known I was in high demand? They even sent a limo to pick me up.
- Appeared in many federal court cases (arguing in front of many judges appointed by Presidents of the United States). I LOVE federal court and have appeared in over 200+ cases!!!
- Become a leader in the area of copyright infringement law (photo infringement, software audits, Strike 3, and Malibu Media defense)
- Grew my Youtube channel up to over 3.7 MILLION video views and currently over 35,000 subscribers.
- Have a strong list of client reviews on Avvo.
- We have recently been identified by Unicourt.com as the #1 copyright infringement defense law firm (in terms of cases handled) for the year 2020. We are on pace to repeat that performance in 2021.
- LexMachina tracks copyright counsel and the number of cases handled from 2017 to the present. Vondran Legal® is proud to appear as #21 on this list of law firms across the United States and this national recognition is something we take very seriously.
- Few IP firms in the United States have handled the number of software disputes as we have. We have handled many major software publishers such as Siemens, Hexagon (Vero), Solidworks, Microsoft, Adobe, Business Software Alliance ("BSA"), Autodesk, VB Conversion, Synopsis, CNC, and more.
- We have taken on some of the TOP BIGLAW firms in the country over the years. See our list below.
- We have emerging practice areas in TV Signal Piracy (Dish-Nagrastar) and boxing piracy cases (ex. Joe Hand Promotions) and fair use opinion letters. Stay tuned for more information.
You can also see some of our accomplishments here.
Sample Software audit settlements can be found here.
“BigLaw” firms we have been up against, counsel in the case, or advised on-demand letters
Here is a list of some of the big law firms (and consulting firms) in the United States that we have gone “toe to toe” with handling a variety of business, real estate, and intellectual property matters and/or consulted in regard to demand letters (normally copyright infringement related). If you received a letter from any of these companies call us for a consultation:
- Jaburk Wilk
- Allen Matkins
- Gordon & Rees
- Johnson & Pham
- Sullivan & Worcester
- The Venable
- Bryan Cave
- Troutman Sanders
- Robins Kaplan
- Fox Rothschild
- Kegler Brown Hill + Ritter
- Arent Fox
- Kilpatrick Townsend
- Reed Smith
- Perkins Coie
- Fenwick & West, LLP
- Geragos & Geragos
- Loeb & Loeb
- Greenberg Traurig
- Osborne Maledon
- Duane Morris, LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Lee and Hayes
- Fried, Framme and Thrush
- Greenspoon Marder
- Sideman (San Francisco)
- Jenner & Block
- SRIP Law
This is not a complete list and we have taken on many other big, medium, and small solo law firms. To take a deeper look at my story, click here.
UniCourt identifies Attorney Steve® as Top Copyright Litigation Defense Lawyer in 2020
Need a Guest Lawyer for your Blog, Podcast, Radio, or YouTube Video Channel?
Add a FREE Copyright & Internet law legal analyst to help grow your credibility and your audience for your online social media.
Click here to view our Attorney Steve Media Page.
This is based on availability, and typically there is no fee as we consider this a professional obligation, and in addition to our free YouTube channel, Steve Vondran enjoys sharing legal insights and knowledge in the law and legal process.
You can reach us by phone at (877) 276-5084 or email us through our contact form and we will contact you.
Due to the volume of our emails, we cannot get back to everyone but we will always do our best.