San Francisco Office – Serving Silicon Valley and the Bay Area!
We are a leading bay area IP law firm focused on copyright law. Established in 2004, we have represented many individuals and companies - from "mom and pop" to large international companies. Copyright law is our passion, and we have vast experience dealing with a variety of legal matters including, but not limited to:
- Photo infringement cases (PicRights, Higbee cases, SRIP)
- BitTorrent litigation in the Northern District Court of California
- DMCA takedowns and bad-faith actions under 512(f)
- Copyright infringement disputes (Etsy stores infringement, mobile application disputes)
- Jewelry infringement
- Fabric design infringement
- Strike 3 Holdings lawsuits (we have saved our clients MILLIONS in settlement dollars)
- Copyright "fair use" opinions for filmmakers
- Infringement claims involving music and royalty disputes
- Flava Works demand letters
- IPTV defense (Dish-Nagrastar cases, MPAA, ACE Alliance)
- Software licensing claims, audits, and EULA compliance cases (ex., Autodesk, Vero, Siemens, Microsoft, Solidworks, and others)
Call us for your San Francisco Bay Area copyright needs. We have offered case review, advice, counsel, and state and federal court litigation and ADR for over 17 years.
Our San Francisco law office serves clients in Northern California, including the cities of San Francisco, Napa, Chico, Redding, Stockton, Oakland, San Mateo, Palo Mateo, San Jose, Silicon Valley, Santa Cruz, Monterey, Berkeley, Tiburon, (Marin County), Belvedere, Sausalito, Mill Valley, Marin City, Point Reyes, Eureka, Santa Rosa, Ross. Strawberry and other surrounding areas. We handle both state cases (ex. superior courts), federal cases (ex. northern district court), and administrative hearings in Sacramento and Oakland.
If you need help in a copyright infringement action or defense of Strike Three Holdings, LLC) or with another social media law issue, software (ex., Business Software Alliance audit), illegal movie download (ex., Malibu Media subpoena), or trademark issue, call us at the number below:
One Sansome Street Suite 3500
San Francisco, CA
Phone: (415) 830-9636
San Francisco Legal Resources
1. San Francisco Superior Court
2. San Francisco County Recorder
3. San Francisco School of Law
8. Northern District Court of California
9. San Francisco Intellectual Property Law Association
10. San Fran Legal Aid Society
More About Us
-Click here for Media Inquiries
-Click here to learn more about our federal court experience
-Click here to view our Client Avvo reviews
-We offer free initial consultations (subject to availability) and low flat-rate legal fees for most (non-litigation cases).
Types of Cases we may handle
- DMCA cases (anti-circumvention, section 512 subpoenas, “safe harbors”, cease and desist, bad faith misrepresentation, youtube strikes)
- BitTorrent file sharing litigation (ex. downloading and sharing adult pornographic videos).
- Photo infringement license recovery for professional commercial photographers and art studios
- TV signal piracy cases (cable and satellite theft)), [California and Arizona cases only] Dealing with Companies like Joe Hand Promotion, G&G Closed Circuit Events, and J&J Sports Production
- Software license compliance (audit demand letters from companies like the SIIA, Autodesk, Vero software, Siemens PLM, Solidworks, VB conversion, Microsoft SPLA audits, Business Software Alliance cases.
- General copyright arbitration and litigation (ex., font infringement, jewelry infringement, fashion and textile, music, etc.)
- Fair Use Defense - (including fair use opinion letters and DMCA takedown (ex. YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, and others) and Bad Faith 512(f).