PIPELINE REPORT – Sample cases we are currently handling, considered taking, consulted on, or recently closed. COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT | SOFTWARE AUDITS | BITTORRENT LITIGATION | ENTERTAINMENT LAW | PHOTO INFRINGEMENT
We are a boutique intellectual property, copyright, software and entertainment law firm. We like to think we are the hardest working and most talented and passionate law firm on the planet! Here's what's brewing!
- Microsoft SPLA audit – closed
- BSA software audit (multiple cases)
- Autodesk software license audit (multiple cases)
- TV signal piracy case with Arizona sports bar (Settled)
- Cal. Right of Publicity case under California Civil Code 3344 (athlete rights infringement / unfair internet marketing / false endorsement)
- Advise social media bulletin board site regarding DMCA “safe harbors” / photo infringement issues
- Review Youtube MCN contract
- Multiple photo infringement license recovery cases for Los Angeles fine art studio
- Working on trademark for a unique beverage company
- Theft of Idea case
- Jewelry infringement case – federal court lawsuit
- Etsy infringement case
- Vero software demands (multiple cases)
- NagraStar (Dish Network, LLC)
- Font infringement case
- Working on multiple Siemens software federal litigation cases
- Popular singer seeking to have copyright license reviewed
- Vape trademark / trade dress case
- Software infringement litigation defense
- Apple App Store dispute
- illegal movie download – Venice PI
- Microsoft SAM audit for industrial supply company
- Working on Vero software licensing cases
- Identity theft data breach litigation with mortgage and lending company
- Copyright infringement litigation dealing with religious videos of famous TV evangelist – fair use / abandonment issues
- CBS YouTube video takedown notice – dealing with fair use
- Model photo posting on Instagram (right of publicity)
- G&G Closed Circuit – TV signal piracy case
- Product packaging font dispute
- Image Rights Photo Infringement demand letter
- Apple infringement response
- Trademark applications for sporting goods manufacturer
- Financial elder abuse lawsuit against car dealership
- The Software Alliance Microsoft license compliance audit
- Amazon.com DMCA product takedown federal court lawsuit and 512(f) bad faih
- Dismissal of Strike 3 Holdings, LLC lawsuit
- Right of publicity case against global sports company settled favorably
- Working on Solidworks infringement software cases
- Analysis of “fair use” in photo infringement cases
- Recently closed anti-SLAPP and Right of Publicity case
- Apple computer counterfeit imports (U.S. Customs and Borders)
- Working on numerous
- Youtube DMCA takedown counter-notification review for large YouTuber
- Counterfeit products sale on eBay – defense of allegations
- Potential photo infringement case (use of real estate photo) with PerkinsCoie
- Architect CAD infringement case (builder taking and making derivative works off copyrighted plans)
- Negotiating terms of Autodesk EULA contractual audits with software counsel
- Right of publicity case
- Software program illegal access case
- Autodesk audit defense for Design firm
- Podcast [trademark dispute] with a MAJOR television network
- Consulting on Adobe copyright infringement letter (distributing counterfeit goods)
- Reviewing software litigation case (alleged breach of settlement agreement by using unlicensed software post-settlement).
- Software company looking to setup compliance (license recovery) division
- Breach of contract and intellectual property (exclusive rights) in Escape Room case
- Autodesk license audit (case dismissed with “take nothing”)
- Strike 3 Holdings – illegal movie download cases
- Evaluating nail polish infringement case
- YouTube star – false takedown notices
- Illegal sale of mobile applications on Apple Store (we help clients defend against claims of counterfeit selling). These are really tough cases and if you get a case from Kirkpatrick Townsend call us).
- Malibu Media adult movie infringement case
- Torrent case – Once Upon a Time in Venice
- Reviewing DoFantasy.com erotica art infringement case (sex comics / BSDM)
- BSA software license compliance audits (multiple). If you receive a call from Venable or other regional law firm for the Business Software Alliance call us. These cases can invoke personal liability on both directors and officers who had an ability to supervise and a financial interest in not paying for software.
- Advising company on Higbee & Associates photo infringement letter (representing companies such as AdLife, PicRights, PM Media, and Grecco Productions - these guys can be RUTHLESS and RUDE).
- Solidworks infringement
- Software Alliance audit negotiation for insurance company (dealing with student licenses and hacked software)
- Bitcoin Cryptocurrency litigation
- Trademark cancellation proceeding with major shoe company
- Photo infringement lawsuit (webmaster use of unauthorized digital image)
- License revenue recovery for software company
- Photo infringement case with Image Rights International
- Sports product misappropriation of celebrity image for commercial gain (selling products with picture on it)
- Alleged Textbook infringement on Bonanza.com [law firm of Oppenheim + Zeibrak]. This firm represents major publishers such as Cengage Learning, McGraw-Hill, Global Education Holding, Elsevier, and Pearson education.
- Business Software Alliance investigation
- Malibu Media demand letter
- Copyright infringement lawsuit against youtube
- VB Conversion, LLS – alleged software over-installation in violation of EULA
- WIPO Domain dispute dealing with major automobile manufacturer
- Domain dispute lawsuit with facebook
- Hollywood theft of screenplay
- Leak of TV show plot (copyright & DMCA defense). Allegations involving leak of high publicity reality show endings.
- Software infringement (unauthorized reseller)
- 1.8 million real estate commission breach
- Internet radio station (BMI, ASCAP, SoundExchange music copyrights)
- Software compliance group – Altium software
- Real estate accusation defense
- J&J Sports – boxing fight cable piracy
- Trademarks (logo and slogan) for online dating website
- Large real estate tort bad faith & interference case for commercial property
- Architectural copyright licensing
- Review of music agreement
- Photo infringement contingency recovery
- Infringing doll issue
- Signup for Youtube Content ID (for video creator)
- Fair use software
- DMCA Section 1202 – Copyright Management Information (“CMI”)
- – [California]
- Youtube Fair Use issue with major Youtube Creator
- Facebook account takedown due to alleged fashion infringement by Gucci
- Right of publicity dispute – book cover photo
- Font infringement contingency recovery
- DMCA 512(f) “bad faith” Youtube takedown case (alleged music infringement in a video game video)
- Strike 3 Holdings – adult video infringement subpoena
- DMCA Youtube takedowns
- "Fair use" - religious sermons dispute (pastor says OK to use, then dies, widow says NO).
- Higbee & Associates photo infringement "fair use" review (make sure to listen to this podcast)
- Autodesk internal software audits (international). MAKE SURE TO SEEK LEGAL COUNSEL, THEY ARE RUTHLESS AND WILL PLAY GAMES WITH YOU. I HAVE THE PROOF.
- Revenge porn case in California (modeling contract turns into online post).
- Petition to reinstate popular Youtube account (music law takedown - uncertain copyright strikes)
- Right of publicity case - violation of celebrity endorsement rights (model photo on popular instagram website). Lawsuit to follow. YOU CANNOT USE ANOTHER PERSONS NAME, IMAGE OR LIKENESS WITHOUT CONSENT.
- Unlawful use of logo (copyright infringement) to create a business. Fiverr sold an image (allegedly) with no copyrights. You cannot build a brand off an image you have no rights to.
- Domain name dispute (BMW) case (cybersquatting)
- Theft of script (screenwriting) major motion picture studio. Make sure you are on your NDA's.
- California BRE audit (we have many years experience dealing with the BRE). Don't go it alone, they want to strip your license.
As you can see, we are a pretty darn busy boutique intellectual property & entertainment law firm. We fight hard for our clients, but work for fair and honest resolutions.
Listen to Attorney Steve discuss California Right of Publicity Law
VIDEO: Click to watch a sample of one of our videos. What happens when someone uses your name, image, likeness for advertising and marketing purposes (such as to draw visitors to an internet website) without your authorization. You DO NOT have to be a famous person to recover, and seek an injunction, actual damages, attorney fees, and potentially punitive damages. Make sure to SUBSCRIBE to our awesome legal channel which now has over 850,000 video views and over 6,300 subscribers. As we like to say “Be Smarter Than Your Friends.”
What is a software audit?
VIDEO: Click to watch Attorney Steve explain “software audits.” We have helped many companies across the United States respond to these allegations of copyright software infringement.
Overview of Bittorrent file sharing defense
California Fair Use Lawyer describes Tips for YouTubers to Stay out of Trouble!!!
VIDEO: Click on the picture above to learn more about our Fair Use Tips for Youtubers to avoid online copyright infringement claims. Make sure to SUBSCRIBE to join over 8,000 people who love our legal information videos!
If you would like to discuss your case, contact us at (877) 276-5084. We offer low flat rate fees for many non-litigation cases including software audits, DMCA takedown notices and subpoenas, torrent illegal file sharing download cases, trademark and copyright applications and other IP legal services.