Software Law 2018 Updates – Siemens Software on the move in new Texas litigation!
VIDEO: Click on the picture above to watch our video on Siemens lawsuit process. Make sure to SUBSCRIBE to our popular legal channel which now has over 6,000 subscribers and approaching ONE MILLION video views! As we like to say “Be Smarter Than Your Friends.”
There are two new cases we see filed relating to Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software. We have previously represented many individuals on two prior lawsuits and helped successfully conclude cases with confidential settlement agreements.
The new cases are filed by Reed Smith LLP Law Firm.
One case is against Mercury Metal and another against Does 1-97 (filed in Texas District Court).
The Siemens Infringement Investigative Report
PODCAST: Listen to Attorney Steve® explain the Siemens infringement. In some cases a “fair use” defense may apply.
Frequently Asked Questions about Siemens Lawsuits
There are a lot of questions that come up when dealing with a Siemens software infringement lawsuit such as:
- How did they find out about my downloading and using the software?
- Am I involved in a federal court lawsuit? Yes, this is usually the case.
- If I have a VISA, green card, or work permit, will this be revoked or will I be deported? In most cases we are able to get your case settled anonymously.
- How much does it cost to settle the case?
- What If I was not the party that downloaded the software? Call us to discuss.
- Is there a fair use defense to software infringement?
- Will my name be kept anonymous? We can usually obtain an assurance to keep your name anonymous. If not, a protective order is also possible.
- Does this mean the Plaintiff lawyer is going to take my deposition? In most cases you will not have to appear or have your deposition taken, but there is always that chance if the case cannot be resolved early on.
- Can I file a motion to quash the subpoena?
- Should I hire a lawyer to defend me or just reach out to the Reed Smith Law Firm on my own? You can handle your own case, but this can be RISKY as employers can be held liable for the action of employees and officers and directors of a company can be heled PERSONALLY LIABLE (despite the corporate veil) under certain circumstances.
4:18-cv-00397 Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc. v. Does 1-97
4:18-cv-00109-ALM-KPJ Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc. v. Mercury Metal Forming Technologies, LLC
SEPTEMBER 2018 SOFTWARE INFRINGEMENT UPDATES – SIEMENS SUES 107 JOHN DOE DEFENDANTS AND STARTS SERVING ISP'S
VIDEO: Click on the picture above to watch this video. Make sure to SUBSCRIBE to our popular legal Youtube channel to join over 8,200 people that love our videos. As we like to say “Be Smarter Than Your Friends.” [Case# 4:18-cv-02344]. Case filed by Reed Smith, LLP.
Siemens lawsuit resources
- Should I respond to an infringement notice or not?(video)
- Siemens lawsuit information
- Charter Communications & Siemens lawsuits
- Copyright infringement damages (video)
- Common Defenses in software infringement cases (video)
2019 Update – Software Infringement Lawsuit filed in Texas names 150 “Doe Defendants”
VIDEO: Click to watch Attorney Steve® software defense lawyer explain the Siemens lawsuit. Make sure to SUBSCRIBE to our channel. We now have over 11,000 subscribers. Get the legal information they do not show you on Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, ABC, MSNBC and other channels.
The federal court case number is: 4:19-cv-00129.
Contact us for Software Infringement & Piracy Defense
If you need help understanding your legal rights, contact us at (877) 276-5084 for a no cost initial consultation. This is for those who received a notice of infringement or notice of a copyright lawsuit or subpoena notice from their Internet Service Provider (ISP) such as Cox, Comcast, Time Warner, Verizon or Charter Communications. We offer low flat rate fees for most cases and we have extensive federal court copyright infringement experience. You can review our past client reviews here.