How to succeed as a new lawyer – Hang out your shingle!!!
This blog provides some basic things that I think will help any new lawyer succeed after they pass they bar, and when they want to “hang out their own shingle” (which is the only real way to live anyway – building your own brand and earning what you are worth). If you get a job offer at BIGLAW, sure that may be worth it, but in my experience many lawyers get burned our here churning out the billable hours. What I like to discuss is a way to practice law and “live and work on your own terms.” You choose the cases you want to handle and you control your schedule. Of course to do this, you need one basic thing – A STEADY FLOW OF LEADS THAT CAN BE CONVERTED TO CUSTOMERS. This is what I have to offer, and if you found this page, its because my marketing plan WORKS! I can teach any lawyer or law firm how to succeed using targeted online superniche marketing. Call us for more details at (877) 276-5084. Minimum investment is $7,500 (about the value of your first case).
Attorney Steve® Legal Studio
Here is what you will learn
Here is an overview of the main things they likely did not teach you in law school, basically, how to MAKE MONEY!! Check out some of my links. Having a professional online presence is CRITICAL TO YOUR SUCCESS. It's just a matter of whether or not you want to take the time to be awesome, or work for someone else to help them BUILD THEIR FIRM, not yours.
- How to setup an interesting blog
- How to obtain a great domain name that is easy to remember (I paid $6,000 for AttorneySteve.com, but I no longer use business cards – unless I have to go to court. I simply tell people to look me up at AttorneySteve.com). If they are really interested (and not just engaged in “cocktail talk”), they will find you.
- How to create a youtube channel and generate REAL FANS AND FOLLOWERS (look at ours, over 6,500 Subscribers to our Legal Youtube Channel)
- How to build out your LinkedIn profile (and how to use LinkedIN to build timely and interest content)
- How to build out your Facebook fan page (and market your content with online ads)
- How to build your presence on Twitter
- How to build out and utilize your Avvo client review page (and maximize that to general and close new cases)
- How to use video editing software (I can help you use the best package I was able to find)
- How to use PicMonkey like a pro to build up google image search results
- How to use infograph software to build engaging content (as you will find out content is NOT king, FRESH AND CREATIVE CONTENT IS KING)
- How to set up your own podcast that will help build keyword domination (check out our Vondran Legal Hour podcast)
- The ONE key website you need to know to find current legal news in your legal area (this may sound simple enough, but there is a key you are probably missing)
- Websites you need to know to find copyright free pictures, photos, videos and sound effects (you can waste hours upon hours trying to figure this out on your own)
- How you can use ScribD to help promote your super-niche practice areas
- The ONE site you need to know to keep up on your competitors and their activities. Not only knowing these sites, but knowing how to really maximize their potential. This is one of the most important tips and tools I can teach you to help you make money fast!
- How to use trademarks to build your practice (yes, if you do all these things I am talking about, perhaps one day you will be able to actually SELL YOUR PRACTICE, or should I say sell your LEAD MACHINE?).
- Tips to help you become an approachable attorney, someone people want to call and do business with. I know everyone thinks they have “the knack” but I have not seen this to be the case for many lawyers.
These are some of the main items. If you have all this covered, you do not need my information. On the other hand, if you would like to SAVE A TON OF TIME and GET YOUR PRACTICE BREWING UP LEADS, let's talk and discuss our consulting services.
Do you offer social media consulting for new lawyers?
Yes, I can help set your company up with a solid brand building strategy and social media marketing program that will help you standout in your field (to be OUTSTANDING YOU NEED TO STAND OUT CORRECT)? Generating legal leads will take a lot of hard work on your part, for sure. But without a solid plan for building your legal authority on the internet, in a manner which google will recognize and which fans, followers and potential customers will remember you, you cannot really get to where you want to get in the legal field, or in life for that matter. These skills are transferrable to non-legal business ventures as well. So, invest in yourself and let us help you get started on the road to independence and building your law practice for a hopeful sale one day. Call (877) 276-5084 and just mention “Social Media Startup.” While we are a busy commercial litigation law firm, we also like to help new lawyers who want to succeed and make their mark, and most of all, build their legal authority!!! We pick it up where law school left off! – Attorney Steve –