There is another round of lawsuit being filed by Siemens over infringed software.
VIDEO: Click on the picture above to watch the video. In these cases “fair use” is a defense. You need aggressive legal counsel to fight for you and to try to either get your case dismissed, or negotiate the lowest (confidential and anonymous) settlement possible.
Many young engineers are facing lawsuits against themselves (and potentially their employers) for downloading software through Charter Communications. We help companies and individual client settle these cases.
SEPTEMBER 2018 SOFTWARE INFRINGEMENT UPDATES – SIEMENS SUES 107 JOHN DOE DEFENDANTS AND STARTS SERVING ISP'S
Watch Attorney Steve® explain "software phone home technology" and why you got BUSTED in this video.
VIDEO: Make sure to SUBSCRIBE!!! Who else brings you these great videos?? We have almost 15,000 video subscribers.
Frequently Asked Questions about Siemens Lawsuits
There are a lot of questions that come up when dealing with a Siemens software infringement lawsuit such as:
- How did they find out about my downloading and using the software?
- Am I involved in a federal court lawsuit? Yes, this is usually the case.
- If I have a VISA, green card, or work permit, will this be revoked or will I be deported? In most cases we are able to get your case settled anonymously.
- How much does it cost to settle the case?
- What If I was not the party that downloaded the software? Call us to discuss.
- Is there a fair use defense to software infringement?
- Will my name be kept anonymous? We can usually obtain an assurance to keep your name anonymous. If not, a protective order is also possible.
- Does this mean the Plaintiff lawyer is going to take my deposition? In most cases you will not have to appear or have your deposition taken, but there is always that chance if the case cannot be resolved early on.
- Can I file a motion to quash the subpoena?
- Should I hire a lawyer to defend me or just reach out to the Reed Smith Law Firm on my own? You can handle your own case, but this can be RISKY as employers can be held liable for the action of employees and officers and directors of a company can be heled PERSONALLY LIABLE (despite the corporate veil) under certain circumstances.
These are some of the most common questions we hear. The best bet is to call us for a free initial consultation so we can discuss your case. We offer low flat rate fees to make it affordable and sensible to have a copyright lawyer handle your case. Call us at (877) 276-5084. Please fill out this Siemens Software Infringement Questionnaire PDF and send this to us so we can review your situation and call you to discuss.
Who is Charter Communications?
According to wikipedia:
“Charter Communications is an American telecommunications company, which offers its services to consumers and businesses under the branding of Spectrum. Providing services to over 25 million customers in 41 states, it is the second-largest cable operator in the United States by subscribers, just behind Comcast, and third largest pay TV operator behind Comcast and AT&T U-verse/DirecTV. It is the fifth largest telephone provider based upon residential subscriber line count. In late 2012, with the naming of longtime Cablevision executive Thomas Rutledge as their CEO, the company relocated its corporate headquarters from St. Louis, Missouri, to Stamford, Connecticut, although many operations still remain based out of St. Louis. On May 18, 2016, Charter acquired Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks for a combined $71.4 billion, making it the third-largest pay television service in the United States.”
Siemens Lawsuit Resources
Here are some key links to help you if you received notice of a lawsuit from Siemens:
Video – Siemens Software Infringement Defense
Contact a Siemens Defense Attorney
If you need help after receiving notice of a subpoena from your ISP, for example Charter Communications, Cox, or Comcast, call us to discuss your legal rights. The call is FREE and CONFIDENTIAL and when it comes to software infringement defense there is no other firm that comes close. In this area of law, simply relying on a generic business lawyer or intellectual property law firm is not enough. Click here to view our federal court experience. Call us at (877) 276-5084.