Vondran Legal – We are an experienced and skilled Copyright litigation firm. We handle a wide variety of federal copyright cases throughout the United States (subject to local federal court admissions rules).
Our Intellectual Property law firm can help both Plaintiffs (rights holders) and Defendants being accused of movie, software or photo copyright infringement or cases involving the following types of infringement:
- Software infringement and audits (ex. Vero, Siemens, Solidworks, SIIA, Business Software Alliance letter | Autodesk audit letter,)
- Music & song infringement (illegal mixing and sampling cases, fair use opinion letters)
- BitTorrent Defense - (Strike 3 Holdings illegal movie download and file sharing)
- Poem & Poetry litigation
- Tattoo art infringement
- Jewelry infringement
- Fabric print design & fashion infringement
- Book & character literary infringement
- Photography infringement
- Architecture plans infringement
- Photo infringement cases involving Higbee & Associates, Pic Rights, Reuters, Associated Press, and Agence-France-Presse.
- Boxing Piracy (cable and satellite interception - TV signal piracy - illegal broadcast)
Types of companies we have been up against
Here is a sample list of powerful companies we have dealt with over the years:
- CNC software
- Malibu Media
- ME2 Productions
- London Has Fallen (LHF)
- Wells Fargo
- Siemens software
- Software Compliance Group
- Solidworks software / Dassault
- Strike 3 Holdings (file-sharing defense)
- Vero software (alphacam, cabinet vision, surfcam)
- Apple (counterfeit cases)
- Nagrastar / Dish (IPTV defense)
- Joe Hand Promotions
- Bank of America / Countrywide
- Columbia Pictures
- Amazon Content
- Universal Studios
- BSA - Business Software Alliance
What are the potential damages for copyright infringement?
VIDEO: Click on the picture above to hear Attorney Steve explain the Bittorent legal process that might be expected in a torrent illegal movie download defense case. Make sure to SUBSCRIBE to our popular legal youtube channel by clicking on the Red “V” for Victory! We are now over 30,000 subscribers and approaching 4 million video views!
Other intellectual property legal services we provide
- Selling counterfeit goods online (ex. eBay, Amazon, Etsy, Craigslist, Apple cases)
- Sending and responding to cease and desist letters
- DMCA anti-circumvention cases
- DMCA agent
- Subpoena response
- Bad faith takedown cases
- Fair use opinion letters (recently completed project for Al Lubel film - Mentally Al)
- Copyright mediation and arbitration
- Federal court copyright litigation
2021 Update - Top Copyright Award!!!
Our boutique copyright infringement law firm was recently identified as The Top Copyright Infringement Defense Law Firm in the United States for 2020. Mainly for the large volume of Strike 3 adult porn sharing cases filed in California in the Southern (San Diego area), Eastern (Fresno, Sacramento area), Northern (Silicon Valley, San Jose and Bay area San Francisco) and Central Districts (Los Angeles, Orange County). We are well on our way to a repeat title in 2021.
What are some typical affirmative defenses to Copyright Infringement?
Sometimes in software audit cases you look more to mitigating factors (to negate an allegation of willful copyright infringement) as opposed to defenses. In copyright infringement actions, for example a federal lawsuit alleging infringement of a song, lyric, or jingle, you might want to look at defenses such as first amendment or fair use. Here is a video showing some other common defenses. Another good defense is that you have a "license."
For more help, or for a free initial consultation to discuss your case, call us at (877) 276-5084 or send us an email through our contact form to have a copyright specialist contact you.
In many cases (ex. non-litigation cases) we can structure a low flat rate legal fee. For Plaintiff's and registered copyright holders we may be able to pursue your case on a contingency fee, meaning you only pay us a percentage of the actual recovery once we win the case. This can apply in the new Copyright "Small Claims" court in Washington D.C. call us to file, or help with federal court opt-out rights.
Click here for our federal court experience.
Click here for our Avvo client reviews.