Social media, IP & internet business law class (available for adjunct professor position)
There is no business or industry immune from the effects and opportunities of social media marketing. But there are not enough law professors teaching social media or digital marketing and advertising law. Teaching business owners how to minimize their legal risks and exposures online in a rapidly changing area of internet and intellectual property law. Attorney Steve is looking to change all that.
We are proposing offering the following social media and intellectual property law seminar or online class, and we will be addressing the legal needs of the new millennium and helping you to master the job skills you need to provide value to your next employer (if you are looking to build your resume).
The world is moving into (yes I know we are already there) but we are really moving at a lightning fast pace head on into the information technology age. In the United States, for young kids and adults to have a chance at business they should think about a career in information technology, software, data analysis, gaming, entertainment, mobile app development, internet law, social media, and online marketing.
To me, this is where the bulk of the good paying jobs will be (you can see with all the VISA'S being granted that there are not enough educated knowledge workers in the United States and this is a problem with what people are learning in school), and if you don't master the legal side of these new information age jobs, you may be left behind by others who will have a competitive advantage over you.
Therefore, Class will be in session my peeps, let's get ready to conquer the world! These skills are important no matter what industry you end up in (ex. business, real estate, software company, offline retailer, financial, retail, accounting, medical, dental etc.). Why? Because the entire world is virtually digitally connected, and soon even our cars and appliances will be as well. This opens up a world of possibility, but also creates new legal risks never before encountered.
Attorney Steve's Social Media & IP Business Law course will cover important legal topics such as:
1. Legal issues involved in creating the company website (work for hire agreements, ADA accessibility etc.)
2. Copyright law (using photos, videos, etc. legally);
3. How to succeed with joint marketing and advertising agreements;
4. Drafting and enforcing website privacy policies, (United States vs. European Union privacy laws);
5. FTC endorsements law (law regarding use of endorsements on your website);
6. Understanding trademark law (creating slogans, UDRP domain name disputes, etc);
7. Contracts law crash-course (general overview of contract law for business owners);
8. Social media legal issues (twitter, facebook, youtube, instagram, pinterest, linkedin), legal issues that can arise on the different platforms including account shutdown issues (ex. Etsy cases) and breach of policy.
p. DMCA take down notices and DMCA agent registration
10. Online defamation vs. free speech legal issues (ex. dealing with negative yelp reviews);
11. Podcasting law
12. Data Breach notification laws
13. Digital advertising legal issues (harvesting emails, spam, false advertising, press releases, use of keyword metatags that may be trademarks, etc.)
14. How to buy and sell domains
15. I will share my SEO secrets for my law firm (how the riches are in the niches).
16. Copyright in virtual worlds
These are the main topics we will be addressing in our online class which we plan to launch either on Lynda.com or Udemy. Bookmark this page to get your notice when we launch our SOCIAL MEDIA LAW COURSE. This course will help entrepreneurs minimize their legal liability while running a web business.
Free Social Media eBook
eBOOK Social Media Guide – Click on the picture above to download our FREE eBook. Here is a PDF copy of “Master Your Domain”
by Vondran e-commerce internet lawyer.
Contact us to suggest a video or course topic
If you have an idea for our online course, or there is a topic you would like us to address on a future video on our POPULAR YOUTUBE LEGAL PAGE (over 6,100 subscribers and nearly one million video views), please contact us at (877) 276-5084.
There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.
Leave a Comment